A moist banana raisin cake/loaf
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 35-40minutes
Total time: 50-60mins
This recipe should yield 5-6 servings or one hungry person(guilty as charged)
This recipe was born out of boredom, actually this is how most cooking days for me begin. A while ago, I decided to rescue the 2 bananas in my kitchen(they were almost dying). The plan was to make a fast and easy microwaveable banana pudding but I ended up making a banana raisin loaf/cake. I LOVE raisins!! I can eat them everyday!
- 100g of butter (melted)
- One and half cups of self raising flour
- 2 medium-sized eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- A glug of vanilla essence
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup brown sugar ( or more if you like it sweeter)
- 2 tablespoon milk
- Handful of raisins(you can substitute this with any dried fruits or nuts)
- Pre-heat oven at 180 C / 360 F / Gas Mark 4
- Soak raisins in vanilla essence and a dash of alcohol(alcohol optional)
- Mash bananas in a medium-sized bowl, a fork will do the trick
- Add the melted butter, sugar, cinnamon and mixed spice
- Mix together, add the eggs and flour ( I used a wooden spoon so no need for a hand mixer)
- Add the milk and raisins, fold in for a few seconds and you’re done!
QuirkyTip: The process up to this point shouldn’t take more than 10 mins
- Pour batter into greased and floured baking pan or a pan lined with baking sheet
- Pop in oven for 30 mins( the aroma that feels your kitchen is just divine)
- Prick with a toothpick and if it comes out clean, your yummy banana mama is done.
- Allow to rest for 5-10 mins and pop out of the pan
- Allow to cool thoroughly,sprinkle a bit of icing sugar on the top( very optional) slice and take a few photos 🙂
Hello quirkies and welcome to #WednesdayYumday, today we are baking! Yay!! I was spoilt for choice and decided to go with the banana loaf because I had the recipe all typed out. I know laziness at its peak but I do have a valid excuse, I’m still down with allergies; ears ringing, eyes swollen, nose dripping, the whole works but I’m alive so yay me!
Don’t forget to let me know when you try any recipe from #WednesdayYumday, if you would love me to make anything or you have a special recipe you’d like to share. I got you!
That’s it for today, I can’t wait for #QuirkyFridays , if you missed last week’s post click here to catch up. All I can tell you is that it will be another gist from my life. Subscribe to ensure you get the notification.
Have a lovely midweek and keep on smiling 🙂
Talk to y’all later xxx